Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > General > Off Topic
Reload this Page long distance relationship

(#1)
Old
nicole

11-12-2003, 12:57 PM

me and my boyfriend been in a relationship for almost 15mos yet he been in my life for almost 3years. about 4 months ago we had to part because i was kinda homeless and ever depress and at some moment in time suidual so i had to find a positive and stable environment therefore i was force to move to north carolina he stays in florida anyways we been inthis long distance relationship i haven't seem him since aug. and i really miss him i am the type of person that require alot of attention and love but the promblem is that i have never been in a long distance relationship and i need some advice. he has never cheated on me never hurted me in any way he is very respect understanding and super attentive to my every need and want i am in love with him he is the first and last person i think about eachday.

many people have told me that it isn't going to work and that we should just move on at first i agree and i push him away but i started to miss him so much so we went back together. i have been told that the visit will stop than the mailing than the calls and wheni less expect it he will be out of my life i don't want that i can imagine my life without him. he is expect to visit this holiday and i have plan to visit him for the christmas holiday we talk about forever and getting married
anyways teh point is have anyone been in a long distance relationship and did it work?
(#2)
Old
spunky_chick_101

11-14-2003, 08:30 AM

I think if you truely love him, then you wont let a little thing about Long distant get in a way. I should know, Im in the same position, except I havent seen my boyfriend for 8 months and 3 wks because of his stupid mother (which she completely hates her son) he had to move up with his grandfather. Thats a good 5 or 6 hour drive from here. Now, what really sucks is the fact that he cant get his licenses because hes afraid he'll hit someone and his friends wont take him to see me. Im 16 and I dont have my permit or a car...but, I asked my mom to let me see him during Spring break and she said yes.

Before that, I broked up with him because I didnt think it was gonna work and I was missing him to the point that I thought he was cheating on me...I was just being so paranoid, etc becuase he was too good to be true, Ive had horrible relationships before where they would cheat on me or worse, so at the beginning, I thought he was the same... so for just a day, I did. It made me miserable... depress... and angry to the point that I didnt care about anything...I didnt even care about doing work in school that day and I got yelled at several times for it. I called him that evening and his grandfather told me that he didnt want to talk to me. Later he called me and at first we were speechless and then he straight out and said "Why did you break up with me, I love you so much, I dont want to lose you Lisa"..."I dont want to lose you either, Im just so frusterated that we cant see eachother and I thought....I felt...that you were cheating on me and stuff" which he has this to reply "Are you insane...I would never cheat on a beautiful, perfect, and special person like yourself. Lisa, I love you with all my heart and soul, I never was gonna hurt you and I would be damned if I ever thought about cheating on you. Lisa, I love you and I miss you with all my heart...I was so miserable today that I didnt go to school today because I had no energy or strength to get out of bed." (Yeah Ive memorized the conversation, cant yah tell) But with that moment, I felt like I was gonna cry...and actually I did...because it was me judging him on previous relationships and putting him in their catagory, which made me feel bad but again happy because I then knew that he wasnt, in fact, like all the other guys.

Im so relief I didnt break up with him official, I dont think I could handle of feeling alone without having SOMEONE that cares for me, around. I mean, yeah I do have friends, but theyre the types that only care for themselves, and when I talk to Tony...my heart skips a beat whenever I hear his voice or when he talks to me on AIM. I just adore him so much...I seriously believe that hes THE ONE...I dont see myself breaking up with him again nor will he break up with me.

Next year, we talked about colleges and originally he was going to Penn State, but he changed his mind because he wanted to be closer to me, not further then me, so he's going to Ohio University, which is just a 10 mintue drive from my house. I cant wait *Smiles big* and then I mentioned to him about me graduating early which is basically taking two classes of American History and two classes of English, that way, I could also take a year of college classes....something like that, I havent sorted out the details, I just found out that I could do this last year from my I.E.P teacher.

Like I said, stick with it and you'll be happy. But, dont forget that the only person you can truely make you happy is yourself.

-LisA

<3 <3 <3 Tony <3 <3 <3
(#3)
Old
nicole

11-14-2003, 08:50 AM

i appreciate you pointing that out to me. i love him and i feel like he is the one we talk alot on the phone and when we don't we emails eachother and i am so happy cuz he will be here in 13 days i can waite. damn i can't imagine going 8 month without seeing him i would of felt so miserable he is my world. we talk about getting married and all but he ask me to waite for him to get his stuff together. hopefully that won't be long. i have never been insecure about myself yet i am use to getting my heart broken. i guess that my biggest fear is loose him or for him to cheat on me. plus his friends keep telling him to move on that he is stupid for wasting his time on this relationship i fear that he will actually thing that his boyz are right i love him i never felt this way about anyone in my life i been in love once but it wasn't like this..
(#4)
Old
spunky_chick_101

11-14-2003, 09:07 AM

If he really loves you then he'll tell his friends to stay out of his business, and from what I read, I think he does have a mind of his own and he wont break up with you. If you still feel unconfortable, talk to him about it, everything will be good *smiles big*

-LisA