Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Depression
Reload this Page Long time no see, FTI.

(#1)
Old

Long time no see, FTI. - 02-07-2012, 12:19 AM

Don't know if anyone here remembers me but I decided to start visiting again. I've hit a real low in my life again. My parents are getting divorced, my 18 year old sister had a baby, and I find out I probably won't be able to have kids because I have PCOS. I've been struggling really hard with this diagnosis since I found out last year. If anyone remembers feel free to pm me or comment

In a way, I need a change
From this burnout scene
Another time, another town
Another everything
But it's always back to you...

How many times can I break till I shatter?
Over the line can't define what I'm after
I always turn the car around
Give me a break let me make my own pattern
All that it takes is some time but I'm shattered
I always turn the car around..

Cut Free since 09/2008.
(#2)
Old
Now turn away.. ._.

02-09-2012, 01:58 AM

I remember you. Hello!

Sorry to hear you're going through a real bad time. Just remember how bad you feel now will pass. Keep being positive. Seems like effort you dont take maybe, but it makes things easier.

What's up?

"You can't be creative when you're completely happy." - P!nk
<3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire
Courtesy of the convo between me and puff when my fingers spasmed:

no ****ing animals in ze jumbo non-balloon vehicle okay? asshole?

"Look down on me, you will see a fool
Look up at me, you will see your lord
Look straight at me, you will see yourself"
(#3)
Old

Send a message via AIM to viking68
02-10-2012, 12:44 PM

i remeber you 2 its always darkest before the dawn i guess. life sucks but hey just because u cant have your own children doesnt mean you cant take in a beautiful baby from an adoption center. Everyone needs some1 in this world 2
(#4)
Old
Callous -x

Send a message via MSN to CastYouOut
02-11-2012, 03:41 PM

Sorry to hear its not going too well atm, but think of the positives - ur parents will prob not fight anymore and be happier- therefore being better parents maybe? Also even though u can't have children yourself doesn't mean u can't be an excellent auntie and also as Viking says there's always adoption (which is said to be extremely rewarding)
X

[S] l a u g h t e r is the best medicine

(#5)
Old
Tears in the Rain

Send a message via MSN to ColdToes
03-15-2012, 08:43 PM

I remember you (This is my first post/return here in years as well).

“If you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
(#6)
Old
Dark Lording it

Send a message via MSN to Avenger Send a message via Yahoo to Avenger
03-25-2012, 04:42 PM

I remember you, too!

We old timer reprobates should all gang together and take over FTI!

Seriously though, I know that it's ****ty when parents divorce, but I think that CastYouOut is right - happily married parents would be the ideal, but if that isn't an option, then an amicable divorce is probably better than their staying together and yelling at each other all the time. I'm divorced, and I get along with my ex wife much better now than I did in the last years of our marriage (not that we ever yelled at each other much).

I'm really sorry that you might not be able to have children. I'd like to have kids of my own one day, but when I married my ex, I knew that I was pretty much giving up that option (she was ten years older than me and nearing forty, and didn't want any more children anyway), but I didn't care - I loved my stepdaughters as if they were my own.

Maybe I found that easy to do because I'm adopted myself, but I do know that you can still be a mum or a dad even if you don't have a genetic relationship with your children. In the end, it's not about DNA - it's about whether you're going to be there for them when they cut their knee, or are upset because they've been bullied, or because they've broken up with their first boyfriend.

I'll never be the best dad in the world, but I have been a dad (in a way), and I'll treasure those times I spent with them when they were young as long as I live.

Rather die in your arms than die lonesome Rather die half than die hollow The higher that I climb, the deeper I fall down I'm running out of time so let's dance while we're waiting.

I miss you Sha, and alll of your family, I hope I get to see you all again, even if just once. God bless.

Last edited by Avenger : 05-02-2012 at 02:36 PM.
(#7)
Old
BrOkEn BeYoNd RePaIr

07-18-2012, 11:27 AM

i have the same so i know how you feel. one reason why my fiance left me because i may never have kids. but there is