Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Anorexia
Reload this Page what the hell?

(#1)
Old

Question what the hell? - 04-05-2010, 05:43 PM

This is so ridiculous and annoying.

So I restarted starving last week, coming off my full metabolism. I maintain my weight while eating I don't know, [edit] calories a day normally. I starved * days (not the weekend, since this isn't possible for me due to conflicts) at a significantly lower caloric intake, lost a little, then started up again today...and when I weighed myself, realized I'm at the same weight I started starving at last week. Why...how the hell is it that I can eat a normal diet and stay this weight, and starve and stay the same weight? There is no way my metabolism shifts that quickly!

Last edited by ftiadmin : 05-04-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: No numbers- encourages self-destructive competition.
(#2)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

Send a message via AIM to Voltaire Send a message via MSN to Voltaire Send a message via Yahoo to Voltaire
04-06-2010, 12:04 AM

Well for one thing, your body does get used to having the amount of calories a day you allow it to have, but pretty much every functional body wants a certain amount which is why generally metabolisms will slow down when the body isn't meeting that requirement. Starving yourself is always going to make you metabolism rebel. The best option is to do exercise. It's a beautiful thing really, will make you feel good, use calories, etc. It's way healthier and has a ton of health benefits. So instead of starving yourself try making good food choices, and exercising instead with a normal amount of calories to keep your metabolism going in top top shape.

Also, a week isn't generally a good measure of weight loss or gain. I know TV shows show such drastic changes in weight every week for contestants but unless you're like horridly obese and working out like crazy, you aren't going to see numbers like that pop up. A week isn't a time to tell, and starving yourself isn't the solution (trust me, I tried it).

Also, look into this http://www.endocrineweb.com/hypo1.html
I highly doubt it pertains to you and you hopefully are not a hypochondriac who will just believe you have hypothyroidism, but it is something to consider in case there really is something wrong with your body.

Honestly, I bet your body is fine. Starving yourself will work in one thing-controlling you (or killing you). Really, that's it. Take my word and eat well and exercise to lose weight.

Probably a waste of a post, I remember when i was anorexic. It's the funniest thing to ask for help just so you can say you did even though you don't want it and don't listen normally. Ah well.

"My open-ness is how I lie, my submission is how I control."

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.

Sometimes you have to fall in order to see who will be there to catch you.

I'm Bisexual.
No,that doesn't mean I'm gay and in denial.
No, that doesn't mean I'm straight and horny as hell.
Yes, that does mean I'm twice as likely to have a date this weekend. =P
(#3)
Old

04-06-2010, 06:09 PM

I do see what you mean. It just baffles me though how just a few years ago when I did this (and i am NOT old, i didn't have some drastic age-30 metabolism drop) i lost so much in so little time and its only gone down hill since then, and it's not like i've been starving the whole time, i don't gain when i eat what i'm supposed to, it just seems i have less starving capacity these days..less efficient. and i've gotten fatter since and aren't you supposed to have an easier time losing weight when you're fatter like you said?
(#4)
Old

04-06-2010, 08:04 PM

Generally, you can loose weight by starving but you will eventually either get very sick, die or gain all the weight back and then some. The body will rebel and fight because it needs nourishment. Really, the best way I have discovered to loose weight is to generally eat 3 balanced meals and exercise. Yep, it sounds old fashioned but it is true. You can check online for good diet info from weight watcher recipes and all kind of things. Good luck!

You are the architect of your life.....