Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Anorexia
Reload this Page curious of anorexia

(#1)
Old

curious of anorexia - 04-12-2008, 10:15 AM

I feel fat. and i seem to be looking at a lot of pro-anorexia sights... i seem to be really curios about being anorexic.. is this wrong?

I don't need someone to tell me who to be today... from a james morrioson song called "call the police"
(#2)
Old
haters gonna hate.

Send a message via AIM to Sisko Send a message via MSN to Sisko
04-12-2008, 10:30 AM

It's never wrong to be curious. Just don't get too close to pro-ana sites; they'll do what they can to convince you to be anorexic.

(#3)
Old

04-12-2008, 01:24 PM

No. I think a lot of people look at pro-anna sites at first because they are so hidden from the public eye and they offer an escape. Though most if not all people who end up with anorexia are looking for an escape, control, and to be happy with who they are. I think Pro-anna can lead to anorexia as these sites make it seem like starving yourself is not a big deal and "its a choice". This is wrong and I personally disagree with the message pro-anna as people who are pre-disposed to anorexia can end up with it from these messages.

Just remember that anorexia is a psychological disorder and isn't something anyone who has it wants. Anorexics what to be happy with who they are, in control and escape from the sadness in the world. They become addicted to this and loose everything they were working for, and still can't stop. They see themselves as less attractive than they did before, and put more stock on being thin. Despite the fact they are wasting away. They loose the control of what they eat, cause it becomes a strong struggle between there body pushing for food and their minds pulling them away. Even after making a concious decision to eat it can still be too hard sometimes. And they loose all the joy from their lives because they don't often even want to go out because they might have to eat or they are to constantly having to think about food, they are constantly cold, hungry, in pain. Anorexia makes it much harder to rationalise things and thoughts that may seem sensible and not at all unusual to an anorexic may seem insane to someone else....its all happened to me personally. Pro-anna is pro all this, and no one should have to go through this.

I hope this will stay in your mind if you continue to read pro-anna
XxXxXxX

luv skinnyLOVE
XxXxXxX
(#4)
Old

05-26-2008, 01:50 PM

being ana isn't a choice, it's driven from inside, it's something you can't stop
(#5)
Old

05-30-2008, 11:48 AM

of course it's not wrong, just be careful, when you get hooked, and you feel like you're a part of that pro-ana society, then it gets to be wrong... trust me!!
better write here what you want are you curious about... just ask
oh, and don't watch these thinspiration crap
(#6)
Old
from breakfast to madness

05-31-2008, 07:56 PM

Curiosity is never wrong...but I would advise against looking at those sites. It's so incredibly easy to get sucked into that world.

I NEVER encourage weight loss, but I can't control what you do.

Take care of your body, there are some things you can't repair.

Hunger.Hurts.

faut souffrir pour etre belle
(#7)
Old

Send a message via MSN to x-laura-jo-x
06-01-2008, 02:30 AM

Been ana once NEVER again

You feel so lost and alone !

Owch_x