Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > General > Suggestions / Comments / Requests
Reload this Page Face The Issue - In Schools?
View Poll Results: Should we try to implement this kind of education in schools?
Yes 250 88.97%
No 31 11.03%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

(#46)
Old

10-16-2005, 09:43 AM

dont forget HAWAii!! haha. sumwun up there said "england" im in hawaii.. haha.

on a tombstone:
remember man as you walk by
as you are now so once was i
as i am now, so shall you be
remember this and follow me..

to which someone replied by writing on the tombstone:
to follow you ill not consent
until i know which way you went..
(#47)
Old

11-04-2005, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci

Brouchures or a Face the Issue Hotline would be awesome. Maybe you could have pamphlets availabe for students to get anonymously.

Free Face the Issue suport groups - unbaised and non-religiously based like Al-anon and over eaters anon so people don't feel left out.
does face the issue have a hotline or a phonenumber?

i wish that life would be like hevan without worry without thought no one to tell you anything just hevan.well that would suck cause felling pain is wonderful

when i grow up i want to be just like ARGH

last cut:nov. 11
(#48)
Old

11-04-2005, 06:04 PM

ohh yaa i want to you to come to my school it is in altaloma school district and it is floyd m. d. stork. pleases come

i wish that life would be like hevan without worry without thought no one to tell you anything just hevan.well that would suck cause felling pain is wonderful

when i grow up i want to be just like ARGH

last cut:nov. 11
(#49)
Old
I am your father!

11-06-2005, 05:44 AM

Yes I think we should.It may help alot of people out there with eating disorders and they can also be taught what to do and how to spot it.JADE

Cleck to see my picture.I am the one wiht the blond hair!

1342374097_1jpgfile
(#50)
Old

12-18-2005, 10:41 PM

I so totally think that this needs to be talked about in schools, and everywhere. I think that more people need to have awareness about this, and education about it. I actually sort of fight for that in my town, as odd as it may sound.

~ Suzy
(#51)
Old

Send a message via AIM to stormyxoasis
12-19-2005, 03:03 PM

i put no becasue i dont think the idea of these problems especially violent SI needs to be planted into a childs head. eating disorders and abuse is different though i think. since its so common and sometimes happens without someone realizing it. focusing on thes sorts of things i would say isnt a bad i dea. but things like SIing and burning throwing up....why make people curious. i started cutting because it seemed to help others deal with there issues...i was 13.

my life is a poem
One that i write
When its lonely and dark
In the middle of the night
Id die for almost anyone
I live for a select few
No one understands me
My reasons or view
(#52)
Old
Deranged Junkie

12-19-2005, 04:05 PM

i think you should bring it into schools also..not just the us..but canada and maybe anywhere that you think would have a good turn-out..i notice that people in my school dont really know anything about the topics that are on this site..and its useful stuff to know and people are always so...against it or like ignorant.

Megan- i love you more than life (obviously) together always and forever!!

trust i seek
and i find in you

my livejournal
(#53)
Old
[pPW] Proud Post-Whore

01-04-2006, 02:16 AM

I both hope and believe it can be done, bu I dont think they will accept it yet... it has not yet come out as much as it needs to for every mother and father to know of all these problems... its hard to get it out there... I know...

:~ SilentDrips ~ :
(Member of SG)

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4906/sdsigxm6.jpg
----x
X
x----

~ Number One Pick-Up Line of All Time : Hey ! Does this rag smell like chloroform to you ? !!!~

[pPW] Proud Post-Whore
(#54)
Old

Send a message via AIM to stormyxoasis
01-04-2006, 02:14 PM

is it just me that thinks SI info is school is a bad thing. Most (some yes) kids dont LIKE pain , wont even get a shot, and the deal with problems everyday. Why put an idea in there heads that most wouldnt even consider. if you tell a kid DONT DO THAT, or THIS IS BAD is stirs up a curiosity.

yes some suffer from SI but i think its the adults that should be aware , and i know adults SI too, but it usually starts in adolecence.

what do yall think?

my life is a poem
One that i write
When its lonely and dark
In the middle of the night
Id die for almost anyone
I live for a select few
No one understands me
My reasons or view
(#55)
Old

Send a message via AIM to OnHerOwn44 Send a message via MSN to OnHerOwn44 Send a message via Yahoo to OnHerOwn44
05-28-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameismike
We are considering expanding our campaign to include schools across America. What do you guys think? Is this something we should go after? Or should we just keep it to TV / Online? Should we do something different when going into the schools? Please vote and give us your opinions. Thanks,

- Mike
I think School programs would be great! A place where kids could really get there problems out in the open. Kind of like group therpy where it dosent end in the parents being told and the kid shipped off to a pshyc ward. It wont be like school counselers, who dont wanna help you themselves if its something complicated. They want to ship you off to a padded room and that is so not the way to deal with this stuff.

Tonight I hold a razor, and it happens to bare my name.
Tonight I hold a razor, and i happen to go insane.

I HATE YOU!! please dont leave me...
(#56)
Old

10-26-2006, 03:14 AM

I don't know if it is a good idea. On one hand... It's good, because it can help a lot of people who are in trouble. But on the other hand... A lot of people will visit this site and I don't know if it's okay to have like 6000000000 members.

You can choose. What ever the decision will be, I will be supportive.

I'm in love with love
(#57)
Old

Send a message via MSN to adamcieslicki Send a message via Skype™ to adamcieslicki
12-20-2006, 12:25 AM

If you wanted I could start this up, I mean I am coming over to America in a couple of years anyway. Im thinking about maybe staying there for life too so yeah.
(#58)
Old
A Sheep In A Wolf Suit

Send a message via AIM to German Suicide Send a message via MSN to German Suicide Send a message via Yahoo to German Suicide
01-20-2007, 11:13 AM

I think it should be in schools, but, but, my stupid school banned it from the computers >< *cries*

Bow-Chika-Bow-Wow,
Vic
(#59)
Old

Send a message via AIM to .:Shadow:. Send a message via MSN to .:Shadow:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:Shadow:.
01-20-2007, 12:14 PM

^ How do the schools find out about it?

Isn't it ironic. We ignore those who adore us, we adore those who ignore us, we hurt those who love us and love those who hurt us.

Why do we kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong?

It's hard waiting around for something that may never happen but even harder giving it up when it's all you've ever wanted.

Yeah. I'm wondering what you're wearing right now.
(#60)
Old

01-20-2007, 12:30 PM

wouldn't opening fti up to schools take a lot of the confidentiality out of it? i came here because i had noone i could talk to and trust. if people who knew me were here, i don't think i'd still be here.

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it serenely and with too high
a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson