Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Depression
Reload this Page Am I depressed??

(#1)
Old

Send a message via MSN to Secrets&&Lies
Question Am I depressed?? - 08-22-2007, 10:53 AM

Okay, so, this may sound stupid, but I donīt know if Iīm depressed or not.

Loads of people have told me they think I am, but Iīm convinced Iīm not. However, after hearing it a zillion times, you start to think, well, maybe??

Letīs see.. I have really violent moodswins. Like, Iīll be laughing and joking, and then the next minute, screaming, crying and punching walls. I donīt know why, either. It doesnīt make sense. Itīs just, like, something has snapped and I flip out at whoever is nearest to me.

I also go into really, really dark moods. I wonīt want to get out of bed for days. I just want to curl into a little ball and stay there, in the dark, on my own. I obviously HAVE to drag myself up to go to school, but when Iīm there, Iīm in my own world. I donīt speak to anyone. I just walk around with this really blank expression on my face, or so Iīm told.

Iīm suicidal, too. All the time. It sorta rules my mind. Itīs even taken over the #1 spot in my head, above how much I eat, which I never expected.

I donīt really know what Iīm expecting from this. None of you know me, so itīs not like you can instantly decide..

Iīm sorry if Iīm not at all depressed, and you lot all just think Iīm some stupid little kid going on about nothing. Itīs what most people seem to think about me.

Sorry, this made no sense. Feel free to just ignore me. I wonīt take any offence. Iīm used to it.

You think the only people who are people,
Are the people who look and think like
you;
But if you walk the
footsteps
of a
stranger
You'll learn things
You never knew
You never knew

&&
She's so scared to get close to anyone,
Because everyone who said:

"I'll
Be
There
"

Left.
(#2)
Old

Send a message via MSN to beautifulgirl
08-22-2007, 03:22 PM

YES I think you are definitely depressed, and i would suggest seeing a doctor as soon as possible. i would like to know if you also have really up times, becuase you could be bipolar. I am not a doctor so i dont know, but there is always a possibility.
Also you have the right to have an opinion, and the opinion you expressed of yourself shows signs of depression. If you feel that you can no longer control the suicide idization, go to your local hospital. i have problems with that. \
If you ahve any question or anything please PM me, sounds like you need some to ask a few questions to and trust me i know a lot
Kiah

5 months till i see a doctor, maybe someone can figure out what is wrong with me.
Kiah
(#3)
Old

08-23-2007, 02:34 AM

I do have really up times. Like, Iīll get really hyper. Iīll have a burst of energy, and be laughing, and running round, and to be honest, itīs probably really annoying because Iīm really like and then it just goes. Suddenly. But whatīs bipolar mean?? I dunno what it is.. lol

The thing about seeing a doctor is, well, itīs complicated. Iīm 14, so, they couldnīt do anything without my Mum being there anyway. And I canīt tell her. I know, Iīm just scared, whatever. But, I canīt. I just canīt.

Iīll probably PM you when I get home. (Iīm on holiday, but coming home later today.)

Thanks.

Love,
Emma xxx

you;
But if you walk the
footsteps
of a
stranger
You'll learn things
You never knew
You never knew

&&

"I'll
Be
There
"

Left.
(#4)
Old
curioser and curioser

08-23-2007, 05:03 AM

The mood swings from really hyper to really down sound like bipolar disorder to me, although that's not a professional opinion or anything. Besides that, all the things you listed are major symptoms of depression, especially the constant thoughts about suicide.
Basically I agree with everything beautifulgirl said. I hope you can get help soon.
Good luck.

... never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
(#5)
Old

08-23-2007, 05:07 AM

Hmm.. I donīt actually know what bipolar is. iīm googling it now! =]

Thanks.

Love,
Emma xxx

you;
But if you walk the
footsteps
of a
stranger
You'll learn things
You never knew
You never knew

&&

"I'll
Be
There
"

Left.
(#6)
Old

08-23-2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets&&Lies View Post
The thing about seeing a doctor is, well, itīs complicated. Iīm 14, so, they couldnīt do anything without my Mum being there anyway. And I canīt tell her. I know, Iīm just scared, whatever. But, I canīt. I just canīt.
that's always a problem. you have to realise that if you don't seek help whatever's wrong, regardless of what it is, is going to take over your life. if you can't personally talk to your parents, maybe you could talk to someone at school, and ask them to relay it to your parents.

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in;
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day.
You shall begin it serenely and with too high
a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
(#7)
Old

Send a message via MSN to beautifulgirl
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM

yeah there is a really good chance of bipolar disorder, and you are going to have to tell becuase that is the only way you are ever really going to get help. I know Canada it is different but I hope people there are understanding and everything. I know it is hard to tell, but it could end up really really seriously if you dont. From exsperince the amount of time you are thinking about suicide, is really scary. It usually only lands you in one of two places. The hospital or the morgue. i am not trying to be dramatic, but it is the truth. YOu really need to seek help.
Kiah
PM me anytime

5 months till i see a doctor, maybe someone can figure out what is wrong with me.
Kiah