Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Depression
Reload this Page I wish my mother would support me..

(#1)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

Send a message via AIM to Voltaire Send a message via MSN to Voltaire Send a message via Yahoo to Voltaire
I wish my mother would support me.. - 08-12-2006, 06:21 PM

Okay...so my entire life, I've picked off meats that I've eaten because they just disgust me. I can't help it and I don't mind if others eat them..but I just didn't like them. When I was about seven I stopped eating hamburgers, or cheeseburgers, or hotdogs. I didn't like them. I guess seven is when I started just not eating certain foods. With pizza, I've only ever liked cheese although I used to tolerate pepperoni. But honestly cheese is the only pizza I like. I never liked any form of fish. And I only can honestly say that I ever enjoyed chicken or steak.

So I had been thinking about a becoming a vegetarian for a long time and I finally realized, why not now? I like fruits a lot, I love carbs and I like vegetables and I know that I have to watch it and make sure my protein intake is high enough. But I suddenly realized that this was something I wanted to do, and despite what I'm sure a lot of people will think-for once in my life, my main reason for wanting to do this isn't losing weight, it's that meat honestly disgusts me and I think vegetarians (if they watch their protein) are extremely healthy.

Anyway...I told my mom a few days ago that I was going to be a vegetarian. I could tell she wasn't thrilled, she asked why. And kept pointing out that I like chicken and steak but I told her I honestly could survive very well without them. She finally seemed convinced and seemed to be supporting me. She wouldn't ask if I wanted a slice of canadian bacon pizza and all this other stuff. I was soooo happy that she had my back with something I wanted to do.

That is until tonight at dinner...she decided to cook steak and handed me the plate which I passed on. "But you like steak!" she shrieked. "I used to. I'm a vegetarian now, remember?" I said and my brother snorted and said, "yeah right." and everyone seemed to not take me seriously. I noticed there was a steak knife at my place too, so I looked at my mom and said: "You didn't believe me when I said I wanted to be a vegetarian?" and she said: "Well, I knew you were going to eat like that SOMETIMES, but I figured you like steak and that you'd still eat