Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Depression
Reload this Page I wish my mother would support me..

(#1)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

Send a message via AIM to Voltaire Send a message via MSN to Voltaire Send a message via Yahoo to Voltaire
I wish my mother would support me.. - 08-12-2006, 06:21 PM

Okay...so my entire life, I've picked off meats that I've eaten because they just disgust me. I can't help it and I don't mind if others eat them..but I just didn't like them. When I was about seven I stopped eating hamburgers, or cheeseburgers, or hotdogs. I didn't like them. I guess seven is when I started just not eating certain foods. With pizza, I've only ever liked cheese although I used to tolerate pepperoni. But honestly cheese is the only pizza I like. I never liked any form of fish. And I only can honestly say that I ever enjoyed chicken or steak.

So I had been thinking about a becoming a vegetarian for a long time and I finally realized, why not now? I like fruits a lot, I love carbs and I like vegetables and I know that I have to watch it and make sure my protein intake is high enough. But I suddenly realized that this was something I wanted to do, and despite what I'm sure a lot of people will think-for once in my life, my main reason for wanting to do this isn't losing weight, it's that meat honestly disgusts me and I think vegetarians (if they watch their protein) are extremely healthy.

Anyway...I told my mom a few days ago that I was going to be a vegetarian. I could tell she wasn't thrilled, she asked why. And kept pointing out that I like chicken and steak but I told her I honestly could survive very well without them. She finally seemed convinced and seemed to be supporting me. She wouldn't ask if I wanted a slice of canadian bacon pizza and all this other stuff. I was soooo happy that she had my back with something I wanted to do.

That is until tonight at dinner...she decided to cook steak and handed me the plate which I passed on. "But you like steak!" she shrieked. "I used to. I'm a vegetarian now, remember?" I said and my brother snorted and said, "yeah right." and everyone seemed to not take me seriously. I noticed there was a steak knife at my place too, so I looked at my mom and said: "You didn't believe me when I said I wanted to be a vegetarian?" and she said: "Well, I knew you were going to eat like that SOMETIMES, but I figured you like steak and that you'd still eat it." And I told her I won't because I really want to be a vegetarian!! Then she didn't say anything for the rest of dinner. She just sat there looking like she was going to cry. And me, I was struggling not to.

I feel like she doesn't take me seriously, I feel like none of them do. I wish someone would take me seriously and accept it..

I'm sorry it's long and everything..I just needed to rant.
Sorry guys, I know this isn't a big deal but I just needed to let it out.
Thanks for listening.
-xoxox My-my

"My open-ness is how I lie, my submission is how I control."

None of us are virgins, life has screwed us all.

Sometimes you have to fall in order to see who will be there to catch you.

I'm Bisexual.
No,that doesn't mean I'm gay and in denial.
No, that doesn't mean I'm straight and horny as hell.
Yes, that does mean I'm twice as likely to have a date this weekend. =P
(#2)
Old
Banned

08-12-2006, 06:34 PM

I'm taking you serisoully... Your mom will get used to the idea. You know, maybe she's not thrilled about it because she's afraid you're going to start losing a ton if weight again or something..
(#3)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

Send a message via AIM to Voltaire Send a message via MSN to Voltaire Send a message via Yahoo to Voltaire
08-12-2006, 07:12 PM

That could be it...
*sigh* I'm going to have to try to talk to her.

I'm Bisexual.
(#4)
Old
Sane?

Send a message via MSN to aaa
08-12-2006, 09:33 PM

im a vegeterian. have been since i was ten.

if your reasons for doing it are that you dont like meat why not just continue how you are? as in- dont cut out the remaining types of meat just for the sake of being a full vegeterian. Im just saying this because being a vegeterian is a ****en pain when you go out to eat or are at somebody elses place etc. plus all the dumb questions you get and people trying to make you meat. Why label yourself a vegeterian if your reasons are that you dont like meat? why make it so strict?
(#5)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

08-12-2006, 09:38 PM

Because it's a lifestyle I really want to try...ESPECIALLY now that it seems like nobody thinks i'm a commited enough person to do it, that just makes me want to prove them wrong. And I don't like eating animals, but I have eaten chicken and steak and I would admit that those actually tasted good when I wasn't thinking of them as animals.

I don't really know why. It's just something I want to do, and I'm going to do.

*sighs*

I'm Bisexual.
(#6)
Old
Sane?

Send a message via MSN to aaa
08-12-2006, 10:17 PM

well i certainly support all people that want to be vege so i think thats great. i just wanted to warn you of the pains of it
(#7)
Old
The hooded bitchy figure

08-12-2006, 10:20 PM

Awww thanks aaa. I'm sorry, I guess I was just frustrated. You're right that it'll be different and I'm sure it'll be frustrating at some points. But I just feel so happy and fresh anymore. I really like how I feel as a result of being a vegetarian. Oh, and i discovered today that my technical term is an ovo-lacto vegetarian because I still eat diary and eggs.
Thank you for the help, aaa.
-xoxox Miley

I'm Bisexual.