Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Self Injury
Reload this Page Designs

(#1)
Old

Send a message via MSN to Silence is Golden Send a message via Yahoo to Silence is Golden
Designs - 08-16-2005, 07:23 AM

hi, i'm new here so if i post anything that's already been posted, sorry.
when i cut or burn, a lot of times i do pictures or words. does anybody else do this? if you do, what are some of the designs you have? i've burned and cut some crosses, burned and cut 2 A's (my name is Ashley), and i've cut the word 'UNASHAMED' under 1 of the burned crosses.
also, has anybody ever had 'professional' branding or scarification?

Susanna: "...I'll never know what it was like to be her. But I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in, but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside." –Girl, Interrupted
(#2)
Old

Send a message via AIM to The_Sound_of_Absence
08-17-2005, 01:22 PM

I've never cut designs or words. Iono, its just me, when I cut I usually do it for a quick relief. Plus, I feel like if people saw those designs or words, as opposed to just straight, sideways scars they'd know. somehow straight-looking scars seem less obvious,
(#3)
Old
Super Mod! *Whoosh*

Send a message via AIM to HopelesslyLost Send a message via MSN to HopelesslyLost Send a message via Yahoo to HopelesslyLost
08-17-2005, 03:07 PM

I do, but not often. It's usually just straight cuts and whatever. But I did burn a heart and cut a "Z" (my boyfriend's name is Zach).

Tim!

I miss you. I miss your smile. And I still shed a tear every once in a while. And even though it's different now, you're still here somehow. My heart won't let you go. And I need you to know I miss you..."

If you want to catch up with me when I'm not on FTI, feel free to comment/friend my blog at:

http://elvisfan5.livejournal.com/
(#4)
Old
1 pwn n00bz0rz

08-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Yes, I do. And this is your warning: be careful with this thread. It could get triggering.

100beats per minute baby don't mean sh!t to me
(#5)
Old
Unplugged

08-17-2005, 05:00 PM

I never found the need to, and it seems a bit more natural anways.

Last edited by Perfidia : 08-17-2005 at 05:20 PM.
(#6)
Old
1 pwn n00bz0rz

08-17-2005, 05:55 PM

I've carved "Peter" into my leg for over a year. I'm determined to never let it fade. On my arms, its mostly just lines, because thats more discreet. I used to not care about what people saw, and i had words all over my arms. I don't know why, but sometimes when I cut words, I think maybe they'll come true. I've carved "HATE," "NO MORE," and "FAT" so many times, I thought maybe it would effect something. But it didn't...

100beats per minute baby don't mean sh!t to me
(#7)
Old

08-17-2005, 06:05 PM

It's far too obvious and I never really saw a point in it. SI isn't something artsy.

run my baby run