Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Self Injury
Reload this Page NOT a cutter?

(#1)
Old

NOT a cutter? - 08-15-2005, 05:05 AM

I can't be the only person in the world (and on these forums) that self-injures without cutting. I suppose I've been hurting myself in some way for maybe 4 years now and, yes, at first I cut, but that was junior high. It became too obvious, messy, whatever. Too hard to explain, even for an expert liar like myself. I did the whole recovery thing, came out well, and then noticed that... I hadn't stopped hurting myself.

I had just stopped cutting, so people didn't know what to look for. When frustrated, I still hurt myself. Hitting, pulling, etc. Not a smack on the head "doh" but banging my arm on something until my frustration with that pain overrides my frustration with everything else. I've never been seriously injured doing any of this and it's been much easier to explain, since, I suppose, it's more socially acceptable. Everyone hits themselves once in a while, I just do it considerably harder than other people. In fits I have pulled out chunks of my hair, but that's not too hard to explain, either. And bruises? Everyone knows I'm awkward?

So, who else? I don't need a blade to hurt myself, I have the wall. I have the floor. I have my HANDS.
(#2)
Old
Lost and confused

08-15-2005, 09:33 AM

i do the same things as you, but also cut and burn and OD.
No I'm sure you're not the only one at all. I know thats how I started when I was a kid, and kinda progressed? to more extreem stuff.

I think it's good that you have tried cutting and found it's not for you.

But what i'd like to know, is why do you need to hurt yourself at all? I think thats the main issues, not how you hurt yourself.

"When she woke in the morning
She knew that her life had passed her by
And she called out a warning
Don't ever let life pass you by"
(#3)
Old

08-15-2005, 09:52 AM

yeh i hurt myself for years and years since i was a child, i used to sit in toilets and bash every bone and piece of skin i could and like u said it was easier to explain, i use to hurt my knees big time and cause bad fluid on the knee, i used to bang my head til it throbbed and pull my hair until i was pulling clumps of hair out....
i still do all this and ive got to the point where i love to c*t as it may sound sick but i like to see my blood run...and its hidden the only person who can see is craig.... he's noticed that ive started on the back of my right thigh now :-(

all forms of self harm are bad to my knowledge, just i wont quit i dont actually want to quit its my release im hurting myself and no1 else so why should i stop?

ah well............
(#4)
Old

08-16-2005, 01:29 PM

Yeah, a lot of times, nothing works EXCEPT hitting myself. I've luckily never broken anything or had serious injuries, though this summer I went on a mechanical bull purely because I knew I'd get hurt. I twisted my arm sometimes awful and, when I stretch it, it still hurts awfully, deep inside. I stretch it a lot. I tell people it's because I'm afraid that it won't straighten out or something.

That, and hiding in the bathtub, curtains pulled, lights out.

run my baby run
(#5)
Old

08-16-2005, 03:48 PM

i know exactly how you feel...i do the same things
(#6)
Old

08-17-2005, 12:00 AM

my mom will notice the tiniest scratch on my body so i try not to cut anymore. plus, i hate scars. i like to see my blood run too. i used to hit myself as well, but it was just a cry for help becuase i had no one to turn to. didn't work though. i haven't really hurt myself lately. i tried to when i was really drunk because of stupid reasons. anyway, i don't even know what i'm doing on this website. my friend said that the commercial for this website reminds her of me and i had to act like i had no idea what she was talking about.

desperately waiting on something that's more than nothing
(#7)
Old
Super Mod! *Whoosh*

Send a message via AIM to HopelesslyLost Send a message via MSN to HopelesslyLost Send a message via Yahoo to HopelesslyLost
08-17-2005, 03:13 PM

Cutting and burning aren't my only forms of S.I. either. I intentionally do things that I know will hurt me and smash into walls. I used to run into trees all the time when I was little. And I still pick and chew the skin off my fingers until they bleed. And sometimes I find myself zoning out and thinking, and when I snap out of it I realiz