Go Back   Face the Issue Forums > Share Your Story > Self Injury
Reload this Page Simple Question

(#1)
Old

Send a message via AIM to trixysenred
03-21-2004, 03:38 PM

I'm conflicted. Is it bad when you are too depressed to cut?

"Has no one told you she's not breathing? Hello, I'm your mind, giving you someone to talk to..." Hello-Evanescence

We are not just shallow wanna-bes who talk as if we own the world: we are the next generation of rulers, dreamers, believers, artists, builders, priests, mothers, fathers, doctors and friends. Do not let our pain pass you by. Do not let our voices go unheard. We are the future and we are slowly killing ourselves. Do not let us die.
(#2)
Old

Send a message via AIM to xcmrb32
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM

I don't know if you can ever be too depressed to cut. Maybe you're just too lazy, weak, etc. I'm not saying that to be harsh or anything, either h34r:
(#3)
Old

03-21-2004, 04:21 PM

obviously if you can't cut, that's not a bad thing, trixy! not hurting yourself is an okay thing; take the moment to breathe and relax.

you're probably too numb to act.. i've gotten that way before - paralyzed almost, because i was so depressed.

me_interrupted

This heart is not a broken one,
but where have all the colors gone?
- Finger Eleven

you bled alone at the edge of reason.
(#4)
Old

Send a message via AIM to xcmrb32
03-21-2004, 04:29 PM

She's right. You're not hurting yourself; that's a good thing. You're probably not used to it and scared. Like she said, relax and breathe.
(#5)
Old

Send a message via AIM to stop the dispair Send a message via MSN to stop the dispair
03-21-2004, 06:43 PM

ive been liek that. i dunno if its good or bad either but ur not alone. i think its jsut kind of a "i dun wanna move or think or even breath" kind of thing. it sux. but then again wen im at that point im too tired to think about it sucking.

numbness is so exquisite
(#6)
Old
Admin

03-22-2004, 07:04 AM

You can also think of it this way, if you are more depressed now and don't cut, then why hurt yourself when you are less depressed? There is no need to injure yourself or try to match the pain and maybe you figured that out and now you are just dealing with all your emotions instead of putting it off on injuring yourself.

love is crazy, but I'm crazy... so it fits.