posted 03-19-2008 05:34 PM by
I found this online. Only included all relevant to me (90%). It's probably more british, but some might apply to you americas aswell. I just found it funny. Italics are my comments. I'm '92 myself!
1. You can sing the rap to "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air".
Iiiin west Philadelphia born and raised....
2. You remember when it was actually worth getting up on a Saturday morning to watch Live&Kicking (you know the number - 0181 811 8181!) or SM:TV Live.
Wonkey Donkey anybody? Challenge Ant?
3. You had a huge fringe at some point in your childhood.
Most of my childhood. Evil parents thought it was 'cute'. Even when ALL my friends grew theres out.
4. You remember reading and watching "Goosebumps".
They scared me. My brother read them more than me. He's '89.
5. You took plastic cartoon lunchboxes to school.
6. You remember the craze of YoYo's and Tamagotchis.
I took my Tamagotchi EVERYWHERE with me.
7. You still get the urge to say "Not" after every sentence. Not.
Maybe just a little bit, every now and then.
8. You knew that Kimberley, the Pink Ranger, and Tommy, the Green Ranger, were meant to be. <3
True love, if I ever saw it!
9. You collected Pokémon cards.
Only to be like my cool older brother and his friends.
10. You had a weird alien that lived in gooey stuff in a plastic 'pod' and thought that if you stuck 2 back to back they would have a baby!
They will have babies!!! Lmao!
11. You watched the original Postman Pat, Fireman Sam and Ninja Turtles.
THEY HAVE CHANGED THE SONG TO THEM! How can Postman Pat not be: Postman Pat, Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his black and white cat. Early in the morning, when th day is dawning... etc. Fireman Sam was my all time favourite show.
12. You remember when the new Beanie Babies were always sold out.
My friend still has her collection. She has EVERY single one. I was so jealous.
13. You got your mum to buy 'BN' biscuits.
And singing the song obssessively!
14. You used to wear those stick on earrings, not only on your ears but at the corners of your eyes.
We were so cool!
15. You know the Macarena by heart and Saturday Night too.
Only the best dances EVER.
16. "Talk to the hand". ‘Nuff said.
There were no comebacks to that!!
17. You remember the time before Literacy and Numeracy hour existed.
Sorta. Barely. I remember reading the big books though! The massive ones the whole class could see!
18. You thought that Brain from "Pinkey and the Brain" actually could take over the world.
I was terrified.
19. You remember Bum Bags, they weren't even cool then.
They really weren't!
20. You always wanted to be on Fun House.
21. You collected Tazos.
They were awesome!
22. 2 words: Spice Girls.
Saw them in concert in... What... '99? Best night of my life. Ever.
23. "Clarissa Explains It All" and "Saved By The Bell" were your favourite shows.
Dunno the first one. I would arrange my day around being home to see Saved By The Bell.
24. You wore as many shag bands as you could fit on your arm.
And only found the name funny several years later
25. You wanted lights in your trainers like the cool kids.
My mum wouldn't buy me them!!!
26. Computer screens were black (or green) with white writing.
I was oblivious to technology for a long time.
27. Disney, Coke and MacDonald’s ruled the world.
Disney still rules the world!!
28. You thought that "South Park" was hilarious even if you didn't get half the jokes.
My brother used to laugh, so I'd laugh, while being confused.
29. You had a Nokia 3310 (or really wanted one).
I mighta been more 3210. Me and all my four best friends had one. The awesome colourful cases! My first ever phone.
30. All the boys had their hair in 'curtains'.
I never noticed boys!
31. Nickelodeon was cool.
Yeah!! I was the only one of my friends to have sky!
32. The Chuckle Brothers were not.
YES THEY WERE! They are from my home town. That's my accent. "To me, to you."
33. You wore Adidas 3 stripe joggers or poppers.
Had to be done.
34. Nike Air Max and Reebok Classics were 'must have' trainers (and Kickers for school).
35. Girls thought blue mascara looked good.
Was never into make-up much as a kid, mates were.
36. Girls thought hair mascara looked good.
My god, yes!
37. You had scrunchies in every colour and headbands with your name on it in glitter.
I loved that headband!
38. You bought Smash Hits Magazine for the song lyrics.
<3 that magazine.
39. You ate Spicy Tomato flavour Space Raiders (and they were only 10p!).
I didn't like the taste. But they were everywhere.
40. Tammy Girl was where we got our cool clothes.
I was so happy if I had clotes from there!
41. Good Saturday evening telly consisted of "Gladiators", "Catchphrase" and "Noel's House Party".
Gladiators. The best programme ever invented.
42. Everyone ate Fruit Salads and Black Jacks.
And everyone had a favourite. Fruit Salads for me.
What can you say. Awesome
44. "I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?" was THE answer to all insults.
And we found it hilarious!
45. You shouted "LEG IT!" when running away from something.
46. You wore jelly shoes.
Can you believe they're coming back in!
47. You loved "The Crystal Maze".
Still watch the re-runs now and again!
I know that's random but I was bored. And it made me laugh. Seriousness tomorrow, probably. I'm in a bad mood try'na cheer myself up right now.