PDA

View Full Version : Dear Eating Disorder,

*al*
06-26-2008, 09:04 PM
You have ruined my life. You have taken away my happiness, my spirit, my soul. You have taken away my ability to enjoy a simple meal, to enjoy just being me. You have ruined my relationship with food, with my body, with myself.

You have told me for so long that i do not deserve to be happy, that i do not deserve to have friends or to simply enjoy myself. You tell me that the only way i can be happy is if i am skinny, that i am nothing without being skinny, that i will dissapoint everyone if i am not skinny, that the world will hate me if i am not skinny, and that i have failed once again.

You have taken away my joy for life. Every single thought i have is twisted by you. Every part of my body is analyzed by you. Every second of my day is spent trying to please you. I have wasted money on you, i have wasted my time on you, i have devoted myself to you and you have given me nothing but sadness and despair in return. You have taken away my innocence, you have forever changed me, forever scarred me.

So listen up eating disorder, losing weight will not make me any happier, it will not make me succeed, it will not make me loved by all, it will not solve all my problems. In fact, YOU are the problem. And this problem can not be fixed by that feeling of being completely full only to feel completely empty moments later. I do not need to listen to you anymore, i do not need to please you. I do not need to waste my energy on you. I do not need you to be happy.

You can not have my life.

loving_leah
06-27-2008, 03:42 AM
thats really good to think think like that. i am going to try as well to think like that about various things. go you! leah xxx

BB.Blue.eyez.~
07-03-2008, 12:47 AM
Thankyou so much for writing that i almost cried with happy tears by the way.