PDA

View Full Version : New Treatment

tkrews02
05-29-2008, 05:22 AM
I saw my therapist for the first time yesterday and as it turns out, she was a bulimic for over 14 years. I've never recieved treatment from someone who has struggled with it, so that really gives me hope. She's been healthy for 5 years and says that she never thinks about it anymore. I am so excited to start working on this now.

The facility that I'm going to offers afternoon outpatient treatment as well that you can pick and choose from depending on your schedule and money situation, so I think I'm going to look into taking a few of those classes as well for a few weeks.

Just wanted to keep you all updated :)

asina
05-29-2008, 05:50 AM
that sounds fabulous! good news... I hope all works out well.
I am thinking that if I don't get better, I may look at something similar as well... what really bothers me tho is that these facilities are private... surely not everybody could afford it and there are so many people needing this help... grrr

bekkles
05-29-2008, 06:50 AM
do you have any sort of mental health plan thing where you are? I know that I just had to see my doctor and get this plan thingy, and it means I can get free or very cheap access to all sorts of mental health care. But I have no idea what it's like elsewhere...

(and I hope all goes well, tkrews02!!! )

tkrews02
05-29-2008, 10:20 AM
No, I'm going to have to pay out of pocket; however, I spoke to my Mom about it and she just recieved some money from my Dad because of their divorce so she said that she wants to use it to get me help. I told her that I'm a grown adult and I feel really bad when there are so many things I know she could use it for, but she said that there's nothing more important to her.

I'm really lucky to have her as my mother...she's so sweet. Still, I might just finance it through a medical company instead because I really don't want her to help when she finally has a monetary cushion of her own.

We'll see :)