PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

whatisthepoint
02-15-2008, 11:23 AM
ummm, i know im sort of on the wrong forum, but iv posted a similar question on the anorexic forum and got no comments so here goes...

My best m8 who also self harms is really really thin, and she always has been since iv known her for 3 years. But last night she told me that her doctor and mum are trying to fatten her up - believe me she needs it. But she says she thinks shes fat. but she eats plenty and shes not bulimic, she just looses wieght through doing so much exercise. Is she anorexic? if anyone has any ideas that would be great.xx

insideiamdying
02-15-2008, 11:33 AM
ummm, i know im sort of on the wrong forum, but iv posted a similar question on the anorexic forum and got no comments so here goes...

My best m8 who also self harms is really really thin, and she always has been since iv known her for 3 years. But last night she told me that her doctor and mum are trying to fatten her up - believe me she needs it. But she says she thinks shes fat. but she eats plenty and shes not bulimic, she just looses wieght through doing so much exercise. Is she anorexic? if anyone has any ideas that would be great.xx

Hi, I just wanted to make sure you had some response. I believe she has anorexic issues. She needs to tone things down but I can only say it will be a difficult job. I mean how hard is it to stop a Self Harmer from doing Self Harm? You are in my prayers and thoughts.

Marci

Zroya
02-16-2008, 03:41 AM
Let your friend know that she should not do as much exercise as she's losing weight. Also try complementing her. But I do agree with insideiamdying, it will be difficult, but try and listen to your friend and help her any way you can. Good luck.

idork
02-16-2008, 03:54 PM
It's not anorexia, but over exercising can lead to having an eating disorder. If she is over exercising with the attempt to loose weight then it is a disorder. I'm praying for your friend. Maybe find some information (online and such) about people who over exercise as an attempt to loose weight, bring it to her attention that it is affecting or can affect her life in a negative way. Be supportive. Take good care of yourself.