PDA

View Full Version : differnt on purpose or on accident - which is better?

broken_wings
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
One night. Thats all it took to kill the confidence I've been trying to build for the last four weeks. One stupid night, and a stupid football jersey. Or lack of one I guess, since I'm the only cheeerleader whos socially inept and couldnt get one.

It shouldnt be such a huge deal but it is. To my parents, to my school, to my squad, and partially to me. I dont really care if I have a jersey or not, but I care about what people are gonna think when they see me without one. Stupid stupid, I know. but i cant help it.

I actually didnt care that much, unitl my mom started talking to me. she ranted at me for an hour to get a jersey, to call up random guys that I DONT know and just ask for their shirt. but then she started telling me how i have all these anxiety issues and social problems, and i didnt feel like i did until she started talking about them.

for the past couple weeks, i've been a "rebel without a cause." i just like being different from everyone, just to be different. its easier than being different on accident, and getting hurt by the "in crowd" you know? but now my mom is saying thats bad...but i dont think so... is it wrong? is it a bad coping mechanism? well i guess i could always go back to being different on accident, and cutting to deal with the pain, but somehow i think its easier just to be stubbornly different. ><

im so upset. for such a dumb reason. god i suck >< >< ><

WithoutTheMask
09-29-2007, 09:35 AM
You don't suck.
And to answer your question, I think that anything that helps you cope with everything is a good thing. There's nothing wrong with wanting to be different as long as it doesn't mean you're hurting people. And if you're different on purpose, you're less likely to get hurt by the "in crowd" for being accidentally different. And that's a good thing.
Now I'm rambling. Anyways. Good luck.

paws
09-29-2007, 01:47 PM
i don't think choosing to be different is a bad thing. i think it's brave.