PDA

View Full Version : Unsure

helloworld
07-23-2007, 09:11 AM
I'm sure this subject gets old, but every case is different and so I haven't yet found anything to help me. I believe my boyfriend's an alcoholic. It's not every day, but on weekends, he drinks so much it's sickening. He'll drink three entire bottles of wine and think nothing of it. He'll lose count of how many he's had. It's hard because he doesn't get abusive, he actually acts friendlier. He's going through a rough time at home with his parents, but he's using that as his excuse to drink. I thought moving out would help him, but he's given no indication he's even looked for a new place. We're far apart, so I can't really help with that. I just don't know what to do. Every other site says "threaten to break up" or whatever, but wouldn't that just make things worse? Isn't there *anything I can do???

If anyone's out there, help would be appreciated.

~My$tik~
07-23-2007, 11:11 AM
i honestly dont know what to tell you.
IF you do resort to such a threat, you better be prepared to stand by it.
sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
just be there for your friend, and encourage him/her to get help or whatever.

Peace

Much Love,
Tess

alexa
07-23-2007, 05:56 PM
I think you shoudl get him help! He really needs it and probablywont stop till he gets it...its could be a cry for help...i would get him professional help if i was you...evern if he hates you for it right now he will tahnk you in the end for doing it. Would you rather him drink himself to death or get him help so he has a chance?

life_or_death
08-04-2007, 11:35 AM
has he already moved out or does he refuse to?

if he is having problems at home try and get him to move out if he already hasnt

if he gets away from the thing thats causing the alcohol consumption then he may be able to stop, but i suggest you act quick before he gets addicted