PDA

View Full Version : Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Soltice...

CutMeOpen
12-12-2006, 02:06 PM
Holidays are almost here!

What holiday do you guys celebrate during this time of year? Do you have any traditions or plans for the break?

Bear377
12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! :D :D omg....i love Christmas....best holiday ever!!!! lol yeah....not really sure if there r any traditions that r different that other people but hey i dunno :p

MLP
12-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Christmas!!...always christmas!!even if sometimes it gets a little bit depressing lol :D
Traditons?...not much..the regular stuff with family :)

spikeyfaerie
12-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Christmas for me too. Will possibly do a little thing on yule as well to start celebrating the sabbats..but i love xmas so i'll still celebrate that too.

emma
xx

thepain,oh the pain
12-12-2006, 03:38 PM
Channukah and Yule(yeaaa wicca)

spikeyfaerie
12-12-2006, 03:39 PM
what is Channukah?

thepain,oh the pain
12-12-2006, 03:46 PM
its another spelling of Hanukkah, which is a jewish holiday. we light 8 branched menorahs to represent the 8 days the oil lasted in the temple after the bablyonians destroy it. we eat fried potato panckakes, and exchange gifts

spikeyfaerie
12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
its another spelling of Hanukkah, which is a jewish holiday. we light 8 branched menorahs to represent the 8 days the oil lasted in the temple after the bablyonians destroy it. we eat fried potato panckakes, and exchange gifts

oh cool.

emma
xx

thepain,oh the pain
12-12-2006, 03:51 PM
sure xD

JoSh

CutMeOpen
12-12-2006, 04:39 PM
mmm fried potato pancakes.

sounds soooo good.

wish i celebrated channukah ;)

Sisko
12-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Christmas here
I'm not a christian, but we celebrate it anyways o.O

dragongirl653
12-12-2006, 07:30 PM
awww... i dont get a christmas this year :( ... my family dont have the money... but im kinda ok wit it cuz i really dont like it that much... but seein everyone doin somethin make me sad that i dont get one this year

~~~tendra~~~

Froanna
12-12-2006, 07:43 PM
Christmas. Even though the family-love part has been killed. On the 25th, my parents and I will open gifts and eat cinnamon buns. On the 30th, we'll go to my brother's house with my sister and her family. So, there'll be 7 adults and 4 kids. We'll eat lunch, open presents and have a light supper. We usually have Christmas twice a year, because family that lives in town has Christmas with their in-laws every other year or something. I guess we just like to prolong the agony? Uhm...happy birthday Jesus. That's about the only good part.

OnHerOwn44
12-12-2006, 09:01 PM
Holidays are almost here!

What holiday do you guys celebrate during this time of year? Do you have any traditions or plans for the break?
WAH!! I love you! ^_^ You included da Soltice!! :D I totally love you now! lol, But yeah, i'm gonna like wear a more 'Traditional' outfit on the solctice. I'm gona wear..... A SKIRT! ((random screaming)) A long flowy skirt with little pentagram on the corner to make a point, and a shirt that has leaves and stuff on it. I'm gonna be all Green Witch-y on the 22! lol. and i'm gonna splash wiccan holy water on my best christan friend She says it will burn her XDD

CutMeOpen
12-13-2006, 05:40 AM
WAH!! I love you! ^_^ You included da Soltice!! :D I totally love you now! lol, But yeah, i'm gonna like wear a more 'Traditional' outfit on the solctice. I'm gona wear..... A SKIRT! ((random screaming)) A long flowy skirt with little pentagram on the corner to make a point, and a shirt that has leaves and stuff on it. I'm gonna be all Green Witch-y on the 22! lol. and i'm gonna splash wiccan holy water on my best christan friend She says it will burn her XDD

LOL. Poor little christian friend!

The skirt sounds really cool - did you make it or buy it?

faceless_in_the_crowd15
12-13-2006, 05:51 AM
Christmas here.
Not getting much cause I got a really neat drawing desk. I'm also hoping my family sends gift money to be plane ticket money so I can visit my friends in CO this summer. That would be nice.

AnotherMessedUpGirl
12-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Christmas here.. even though I'm agnostic, I still love Christmas because I LOVE Christmas shopping!! Love love love love it! I love planning out everything for the people closest to me, what I'm going to get them, it's so rewarding to see them open the gifts I bought for them and see how much they love them. *shrug* Receiving gifts isn't a big deal to me.. I accept them and graciously thank whoever gave them to me of course, and yes I do get excited over them lol, but if nobody gave me gifts I'd be just as happy because I still have those people in my life who care about me and that's all I need. [/mushiness]